Common complaints of women with a hormonal imbalance:
- Weight gain
- Growth of uterine-like tissue outside of the uterus (Endometriosis)
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Hormonal migraine headaches
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS) which typically entails breast tenderness, irritability, depression, bloating, and/or painful cramping
- Menstrual irregularities including heavy bleeding and/or painful cramping
- Perimenopausal or Menopausal difficulties including hot flashes, night sweats, loss of sex drive, depression, fatigue, vaginal dryness, weight gain and personality changes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), which involves the development of ovarian cysts due to the overproduction of male hormones by a woman’s ovaries resulting in symptoms such as infrequent or absent periods, weight gain, fatigue, infertility, deep cyst-like acne, facial hair growth and/or other health problems such as high cholesterol and insulin resistance
The balance of the hormones estrogen, progesterone and testosterone can profoundly impact a woman’s life. The key to maintaining this balance is ensuring the healthy functioning of the endocrine system, particularly the pituitary, thyroid and adrenal glands, as well as the reproductive organs.
There are a number of factors that can negatively impact the endocrine system, which include the following:
- The effects of medications including contraceptive pills
- Improper diet or nutrition
- Emotional stress
- Environmental toxins, including chemicals in certain cosmetic products and chemicals that intentionally or unintentionally enter into the food chain
Our nutritional counseling staff develops an individualized plan for each woman to support and restore her endocrine system through dietary alterations, use of nutritional supplements and lifestyle modifications. Our staff also uses saliva testing, which allows us to determine the specific hormone imbalances present in your system. The goal is to reduce your suffering and help you to live as fully as possible.