Learning to effectively manage stress, tension, and frustration/anger is all about achieving a greater sense of control in and over your life.
Find out how our compassionate counselors can help.
Transform Your Life to Reduce Stress
Signs that you need Stress Management:
- Zoning out for hours in front of the television or computer
- Using alcohol or drugs to relax
- Sleeping too much
- Lashing out at others verbally and/or physically
- Withdrawing from family, friends, and social activities
- Trying to fill up nearly every minute of your life in order to avoid having to face unpleasant thoughts, feelings, or situations
- Experiencing stress-related physical ailments such as frequent headaches, a gastrointestinal problem, fatigue, muscle pain, etc.
Managing Stress Tips
People who are “stressed out” often feel there is nothing that can be done to reduce their stress level. There is a certain reality to the perspective that jobs, family, finances, and life in general will always be demanding and stressful. Learning to effectively manage stress, tension, and frustration/anger is all about achieving a greater sense of control in and over your life. This includes gaining a greater sense of mastery in managing your thoughts, your emotions, your schedule, and your responses to demands in your life. The ultimate goal is a more balanced life.
Our therapists will utilize a comprehensive approach to helping you learn stress management. We tailor therapy to the specific needs of each client’s situation using some combination of the following strategies:
- Development of relaxation, assertiveness, distress tolerance, and/or emotion regulation skills
- Development of healthy lifestyle changes
- Development of more effective ways of thinking about yourself, your relationships with others, and events in your life
- Resolution of painful emotional experiences linked to traumatic events