New Directions Mental Health provides anger management to help individuals effectively address and manage their anger. Anger management can include an assessment of individual triggers, cognitive-behavioral interventions, and teaching skills to regulate anger in healthy ways.
Our mental health therapies provide clients with effective tools to manage their anger and foster more beneficial relationships. We understand it can be difficult for individuals to talk about their issues and deepest emotions, but our highly trained staff is here to provide a safe space for you. Call us today at 724.374.7414 to learn more about our anger management and how it can help you or a loved one.
Anger Is a Natural Human Emotion
It is an active aspect of our fight-or-flight response to threats. Anger inspires powerful, often aggressive, feelings and behaviors, allowing us to fight and defend ourselves when attacked. A certain amount of anger, therefore, is necessary for our survival.
When a person reacts with a mismanaged, angry “fight” response to a threat that does not fit the reality of a situation, the result is often negative and destructive. Domestic violence, road rage, workplace violence, divorce, and addiction are just a few examples of what happens when anger is mismanaged.
Angry, aggressive reactions can be triggered by external events, such as a conflict with another person, or by internal events, such as ruminating or brooding over personal problems or encountering a reminder of an unpleasant or traumatic experience.
How Can Anger Management Help?
At New Directions Mental Health, our anger management can help individuals learn how to manage their anger and foster healthier relationships effectively.
- The core aspects of learning effective anger management are:
- Development of lifestyle habits that promote reduced stress and irritability
- Identification of triggers or precipitants to episodes of angry outbursts
- Development of coping skills for managing anger in constructive ways
- Practice cognitive restructuring to change irrational and inaccurate thinking
- Learning effective communication skills to resolve conflicts
We are dedicated to helping our clients develop helpful coping strategies to learn how to manage their angry feelings in healthier ways.
Understanding Anger Management
Our therapists will utilize a comprehensive approach to helping you learn more effectively to manage anger. We tailor therapy to the specific needs of each client’s situation using some combination of the following strategies:
- Development of relaxation, assertiveness, distress tolerance, and emotion regulation skills
- Development of healthy lifestyle changes
- Development of more effective ways of thinking about yourself, your relationships with others, and events in your life
- Resolution of painful emotional experiences linked to traumatic events
- Referral, if necessary, for a medication evaluation (available at our practice)
We understand that learning to manage anger can be a difficult and daunting task. Our staff are available to provide support and guidance every step of the way. We are here to help you create lasting change in your life.
Discover New Directions Mental Health's Anger Management in Pennsylvania
New Directions Mental Health offers anger management to help clients effectively manage and express their anger. Anger management can utilize therapeutic techniques to equip participants with practical tools and strategies to control their anger and respond to triggers in a healthier way.
Our treatment aims to meet the unique needs of each individual, fostering personal growth and improved relationships. By participating in anger management, clients can learn to navigate their emotions, reducing the impact of anger on their lives and the lives of those around them. Contact us at 724.374.7414 to learn more about how anger management can help support you with managing emotions.