Psychiatrists & Medication
Our psychiatrists and nurse practitioners provide a personalized care for all your psychiatric and medication needs. New Directions Psychiatric team has a heart-centered approach to each individual.
Dr. Kimberly Clinebell provides an expertise and compassion that is synonymous with New Directions Counseling Services, LLC. Her “no cookie-cutter” approach fosters a higher quality evaluation and effective medical decision making for many struggles.
Dr. Brent Harlan is a board certified general psychiatrist who provides care to adults. He takes an active approach in the care of his clients, focusing on pharmacological solutions and behaviors that can positively impact successful care.
Dr. Monica Conn is a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner trained and certified to evaluate/treat “across the lifespan”- children through geriatrics. She believes in a holistic, body-mind-spirit approach, and patient centered care is the cornerstone of successful outcomes.
Dr. Sarah G. Robertson (formerly Dr. Long) is a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner trained and certified to evaluate/treat children through geriatrics. Her approach is one the encompasses treating the whole person: mind, body, and spirit.
Dr. Janene Luther Szpak is a board-certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with nearly twenty-five years of experience providing patients with mental health services. Her goal is to improve overall wellness.
Dr. Luann Richardson is a board-certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with additional experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner and Geriatric Nurse Practitioner. She integrates a holistic approach serving patients age 13 – 80.
What Can I Expect?
When you meet with our psychiatrist, you can expect the following:
- A thorough diagnostic evaluation to specify the nature of your symptoms
- An emphasis on treating you- or your loved one- personally, as an individual who is suffering and not just as a group of symptoms or a disorder
- An emphasis on helping you or your loved one to understand the nature of the difficulties you are having
- Prescription of psychiatric medications in a strategic, compassionate manner that includes explanation of the likely course of treatment and of possible side effects of the medications being prescribed
- Our psychiatric medication doctors provide encouragement and support in making positive changes in your life. They also will include coordination of care with your therapist at New Directions.
Psychiatrists And Medication Are Important
At New Directions Counseling Services, we believe, while there is no “magic pill” that can eliminate emotional struggles . . . ,
but there are times when mental health medication from our psychiatrists can play an important role in helping to alleviate emotional pain. In fact, finding a good psychiatrist and the right medication can be essential putting you on the path towards recovering your psychological well being. We believe in an integrative approach to providing psychiatric services, involving coordination of care between your psychiatrist and your counselor.
Are you looking for a psychiatrist?
Are you or someone close to you experiencing one or more of the following?
- Severe Anxiety
- Panic Attacks
- Obsessive thinking or compulsive behaviors
- Irritability and/or agitation
- Angry outbursts
- Mania (abnormally elevated mood and energy level)
- Suicidal thinking
- ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Sleep disturbance
- An Eating Disorder
If so, it’s likely that an evaluation with one of our psychiatrists would be a positive step towards reducing your suffering or the suffering of your loved one. Our psychiatric staff are available to provide psychiatric services to children, teens and adults.
Psychiatric medication can be an integral part of care when you are struggling with painful symptoms. Some people are able to benefit fairly quickly, and only need medication for a period of 6 to 12 months. Others may need the long term support of psychiatric medications. Every situation, just like every person, is different and our psychiatrists take the time necessary to determine the optimal treatment for what you or your loved one is going through.